Audio/Recording session does not work

Hi,

I would first like to state that Cubasis has so much potential and it is truly one of my proudest purchases on the App Store. Upon using the DAW however, I have encountered several problems that could come as a minor bug in the system but very detrimental to my workspace.

One of the bugs that usually happens in Cubasis 3 are the static glitch sounds that are mainly initiated by either latency issues, misadjustments to bit resolution and sample rate, or an exhausted CPU. Regardless of these unprecedented factors that are required to maintain a quality production experience, I find it really hard to find the root of the problem and fix it. I have recently discovered that the static sounds have been resolved by turning off the Audio Engine Latency, but I am afraid the application would rebel it and would return the static sound again. I am currently using my iPad Air 2, which is a fairly old device but still functions perfectly, but I do not know if the app needs a certain requirement that allows it to work with greatest efficiency.

There is another issue that I am very certain is a bug in the system since I have never encountered such problems in any other DAWs I have used in the past. I have been using a wireless headset recently to produce music, and I have discovered a section in the Audio Settings that allows you to enable Bluetooth / AirPlay mode on or off. I never thought it was a necessity to have such option to begin with since it was fine for me to use my headset with other DAWs without such inconvenience, which made Cubasis 3 more complex than it already is, but that is besides the point. The main issue is that recording with a wireless headset is impossible. Let us say we enable the Bluetooth/ AirPlay Setting on, and I am trying to record from an 3rd Party Audio Input ( with or without the use of Audiobus 3, since I have tried on both and they still have the same effect. Although I do sometimes encounter problems with Audiobus 3 and Cubasis 3 for not recording in general, regardless of what applications are being used. It can be fixed by removing all application tabs, but like I said, it is very inconvenient ) , upon playing the record button, the Bluetooth / AirPlay settings are automatically turned off, and recording does not work as well. What is even worse is that I could not hear the audio I am playing even when I try to play it without recording a session, the routing interface seems to block any audio coming through the applications. That usually happens a lot in Cubasis 3 based on my experiences using it, and I have tried refreshing everything, including rebooting my iPad Air 2 and nothing seems to work.

I really hope you can help me by fixing this issue, because it is truly a DAW with remarkable power, and I cannot wait to turn it onto my main workspace.

When I encounter problems with Cubasis 3 clicking too much during playback or doing holes in recording I close all other applications.

Cubasis 2 is still more stable, you might try that.

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion, but like I said, I have tried many things in order to keep the DAW functional, including closing down background applications, but the issue still seems linger. I do not plan to move to Cubasis 2 as I have spent over $100 on Cubasis 3 and I still find the DAW more advanced than its previous predecessor.

This is a follow-up message to my current topic.

I have yet to receive any solution or support to my issues on the DAW and I hope I can receive a swift response. I have encountered another issue with Cubasis 3 immediately after opening a project. The project seems to have an altered sample rate that would change the pitch of my entire project. I have fixed it by readjusting the Sample Rate Settings. This is something that should not be an issue to begin with, and implementing Cubasis 3 into my workspace complicates my production process. I have also recently encountered so many crashes in the application that I have dismissed simply because I can move on from it, but again, I have not encountered the same number of issues when using other DAWs. The previous issues I have mentioned in the topic still remain unsolved, and I hope that you are able to help me with this issue.

Hi @Yodo,

Thanks for your message.

Please note that the sample rate of Cubasis depends on the iPad device in use.
Please learn more about this topic in our dedicated Revised sample rate handling in Cubasis 2.7 article.

Below please find the steps to use your bluetooth audio headphones with Cubasis.
Important Note:

• Please connect your Bluetooth headphones to the iPad
  • Launch Cubasis and go to Setup/Audio and enable “Bluetooth / AirPlay” by tapping the corresponding button

If the problem persists, please go to Setup/Project and choose (or reselect) the matching sample rate of your project.

Important Note:
Please note that connecting wireless headphones bring lots of system-related latency, which will make it hard to record instruments in real-time.

To record audio, we strongly recommend to use an external audio device.

See this workflow featured in our Getting started with Cubasis tutorial, where Dom Sigalas explains all steps to create a full blown track with Cubasis:

Please let me know if this helps to solve your current issues.

Best,
Lars

Auria Pro crashes way more then Cubasis 3. Sometimes i work entire day with cubasis 3 and no crashes, only restarts to make sound working again.

BeatMaker 3 often crashes when loading AU3, I have not seen Cubasis 3 crashing on AU3 yet. Cubasis 3 instability is just annoying, it do not disrupt my work like Auria Pro because it seems to auto save more often.

If you want not crashing DAW for iPad then: Korg gadget, cubasis 2, garage band, Roland DAW - I do not remember these ever crashed.