Audio stuttering issue in Cubase Elements

Hi guys, new user here. Long time Logic user making the swap after moving to PC from Mac. Liking it so far, few problems finding where everything is but I’ll get it.

Major issue so far is audio clicks/stuttering if I run more than 1 instance of guitar rig, or use guitar rig then use piano sample set on haleon

I’m using a focusrite 2i4, on a very good pc running Windows 10, 16gb ram, solid state storage etc.

Tried setting buffer rate higher in my focusrite settings but am having to set to 1024 to remove all audio glitches but then am obviously getting lag when playing the guitar or midi controller.

Am probably missing some really obvious setting but am having trouble finding something I can tinker with in the menus to sort this. My old machine which was nowhere near as good as this PC running logic could easy run 10+ instances of guitar rig no issue so this should eat it up right?

Any help much appreciated

If anyone has any ideas that’d be fantastic. Sorry to bump, this is just causing me a lot of issues

Hi and welcome,

Could you test your system by using LatencyMon utility, please?

If you cannot increase the Buffer Size anymore, you could start to freeze the tracks. Btw, Focusrite doesn’t`t have the best drivers on the market. You can definitely find an Audio Device with better performance.

Thank you for responding Martin.

I tested it using latencymon and it came back with this: Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 409.90
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 7.200534

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 365.10
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 2.530393

Not sure what else to post up from the test.

Yeah freezings an option but it just seems odd that my 10x more powerful machine is struggling where my old machine had no issues at all.

The driver does seem pretty poor for Focusrite tbh, could it be just down to that? I hope not :frowning:

Hi,

Could you try if ASIO4All gives you better performance, by any chance, please?