Audio track getting slow and causing freezes when comping lanes

Does anyone know why when I comp a vocal track with 30+ lanes (maybe even less) with the comp tool, the same track starts working very very slow? the editing (only for this track) become slow and “freezy” and audio dropouts start happening when recording.
For example, if i try to bring a specific event to the front by clicking on it with the comp tool, Cubase will just freeze for 5-10 second and only then unfreeze and apply the change.
The problem only starts occurring after making a few cuts with the comp tool (so there are multiple cuts at the same positions across all lanes), trying different takes, bringing to front, etc… so the number of lanes alone probably isn’t the main culprit, because before the comping the track is fine.

What would you think is the problem here? Is there any solution?
Thanks.
My specs:
Win 10 Pro 64 bit
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
32GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 SUPER
Asus Prime B450M-A Motherboard

Hi
I have the same problem. No Reply from Cubase Yet

What I do is record in lanes then convert to tracks and comp that way. I have a few macros that I use and push the tracks up to a comp track. Might get you around the limitations.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/tips-tricks-and-workflow-goodness/37633/258

I have the same problem. Comping is painfully slow. It seems to be a GUI bottleneck problem, because I am nowhere near maxing out my CPU or GPU.