Audio track randomly locks itself

Hi There,

I’m writing to you because I’ve been experiencing a weird issue on Cubase 9 with Windows. As soon as I stop recording an audio track, it seems to lock itself and I cant edit, delete, or do anything with it. I have to reboot Cubase and delete it.
The issue is that it does that every single time I record. It’s annoying as hell.
I’ve checked and the track isn’t locked at all.
Does anybody have a fix?

Thank you so much,
Thomas

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Hello Martin,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I started cubase in safe mode with my preferences disabled, and I can confirm that the problem persists. As soon as I record, I cannot edit or delete the element in the track. All I can do is delete the whole track, and start again from scratch. Interestingly enoughn when I double click on the element, it becomes checkered and I can move and delete the track that appeared when I double clicked.
I have attached a screen. The track element that has blue arrows is the one i cannot edit, delete or move. The one with red arrows is the one that appears when I double click on the track I can’t modify. I can delete and modify the track with red arrows.
Thank you for your help in this

Let me add to this issue. I just downloaded and purchased Cubase 11 and the issue remains. It does the same exact thing :cry:

Hi,

Sorry, I’m still not sure, what exactly do you mean by the “lock”, please?

@Thomas_Choukroun One can’t tell from your image what is happening. The entire display needs to be included.

Hi Steve,
Martin,
Apologies if my message was not clear enough.
I have come across a temporary fix. The issue seems to happen only when I have a chord track. As soon as I deleted it, I was able to edit, delete and modify my tracks.
However, I will try and replicate the issue so that you can see what is going on and hopefully work out a more solid fix. I will try and record my screen as well.

Thanks to you too.
Thomas

Hi,

Did the Audio track follow the Chord Track?

Hi Martin,
Indeed it does !
And I apologize for the lateness of my reply… 3 months is ridiculous.