Audio tracks go silent & midi piano roll view a mess

Ever since 7.0x my recorded audio tracks will suddenly not respond, no meter signal, just dead. It takes a full re-boot of PC to restore the track sound. Then tonight it did this twice in 30 minutes, typically it happens after long sessions, about 3 or 4 times a month.

The other issue is the midi piano editor is smearing, and getting jumbled, to resolve I close and re-open editor, and that fixes the issue, 50% of the time. My video card is working fine and playing a movie on one monitor, and Cubase on the other 3 monitors so I don’t think that’s the cause.

This is hurting my work flow as you can imagine, I am right in the middle of a score, and considering other options, have been with cubendo since 2008, really have never had any issues large enough to impede my work, until 7x.

Anyone, any suggestions on fix ? Its to early to throw in the towel just yet.
OUT OF PROPORTION.PNG
double velocity.PNG
GREY OUT.PNG

For the editor issues, have you tried trashing your preferences?

As for audio, what soundcard/driver are you running? Have you got ASIO Guard on? I had issues with some customers’ setups with v7 for that reason; I think some drivers aren’t happy about what it does.

Hi, I have 3 moto 828mkii , and asio guard is on, also right now I just have a few recorded audio tracks so no stress on system.

I should note that my vst instruments work fine, I can hear them even though I can’t hear audio from recorded tracks, so the audio card is working fine during this issue.

It’s as if cubase stops reading the recorded audio.

Re trashing preferences, what is that & what does that affect? In the middle of large project so careful not to mess up working files…also are you talking about deleting a folder, or is this a function to run in options? Thx