Audiotracks make no noise

Did you power off the system and turn it on? Can you post a screenshot of when it’s playing?

Yeah tons of times. Sure here’s one. I just packed some loops on different audiotracks and let them play.

Nothing. No audio. But when I use that speakermouserpointerthingy and click one of the audio files, it plays without a problem. Also when I doubleclick one and play it in the editor, it plays without a problem. And in the media library, they all play without a problem.

Now, with small samples, it’s all good, since I just put them into Kontakt or into Grove Agent One, but the problem is with recording my keyboards and synths. I can record them, but I can’t play the recorded files.

I see it was already mentioned, but this sounds exactly like a problem with having the control room enabled, or you had overlapped your assignments to your audio interface.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing. Hit F4, go to the control room tab and make sure it is DISABLED (no blue buttons)

Now, go to the output tab and make sure your main outs are assigned to channel 1/2 of the interface. Finally go to your tracks and make sure they are routed to the master out. If that works, we can go back and build out the control room again.

The Stereo Out isn’t muted in Mix Console, right? I’d try trashing Prefs or starting Cubase in Safe Mode.

I don’t have a control room tab, when I hit F4, but there’s a Studio tab and the Control Room button there is deactivated (not blue).

Also I can’t rout the tracks to the master out, but to Stereo Out, which is the master out, I assume? At least, the Stereo Out is where the VST Instruments and Effect Channels send their music to in the mixer.

So, if I understood you correctly and did everything as you said, it doesn’t work neither. :cry:

Wait, I’ll try that and come back with results.

sorry dude, that’s very odd.

G-String mentioned, it appears to be a clash between Cubase and the 003 Console. My interface probably the wrong one for this program. :cry:

I thought for about 3 months if I should grab Cubase 7 or the Pro Tools 11 update. :cry:

Wrong decision. :cry:

Can you try ASIO4ALL? I know it´s not the best solution, but at least you could get sound.

I’ve tried the ASIO4ALL, this one only recognizes the ADAT plugs, so it doesn’t send sound to my monitors or receive sound from my cinch ins.

With the Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver from Steinberg it works. Audio is played. But it only recognizes Stereo Out 1+2 and Stereo In 1+2, so I can’t record from my other devices.

It really seems to be a problem with the ASIO drivers from AVID. I hope, the two companies will sit together and fix this problem.

as stated earlier , the threads are on here somewhere stating the same issue

Yes, thanks, I’ve found them (gladly, I speak German). And there seems to be no solution to this problem.

I also made a thread in the Avid DUC. Maybe they have a solution there. Or build one.

What language do you speak when you do not feel gladly? :mrgreen:

Sorry. I’ll go find something better to do with my fingers now.

Well, then I cuss in long forgotten demonic languages!

(The thread about the problem with the Digi 003 Console was in German.)

yesssss :smiling_imp: