Audiotracks won't divide in lanes

Hello everyone,

I’ve got a problem that I just can’t figure out. When I record audio, like I normally do, I just record a few takes and afterwards hear them and make a good comp from the lanes. The problem is that, all of the sudden, all my audio recordings are stacked upon lane 1. There’s probably a simple solution but I can’t seem to find it on my own. I can manually divide the tracks over the lanes but I obviously don’t want that! Help!!!

I’m on Cubase Pro 10.5.12 and my audio recording mode is hasn’t changed and is still on keep history.

Greetings,

TvdStars

Hi and welcome,

Could you attach a screenshot, please?

Okay update, when I got into Cubase and recorded a few track in order to make a screenshot it suddenly wasn’t stacking the audio in one lane anymore. I think I encountered a glitch, to be sure I tried again to record audio on the tracks that I was having issues with yesterday.

I still made a screenshot from a channel that stacked the audio on one lane, it looked like this.

You can see that the audio file on the ‘lead guitar 1’ track has stripes are diagonally on ‘lane 1’ which means that there is audio underneath, those audio tracks underneath are normally (and luckily now once again for me) divided onto different lanes so that I could easily comp them.

Hi,

What happens if you just open the “Gtr line 1” lanes, please? Same you did for “Gtr line 2” track…

Did you record in cycle or did you Stop in-between?