AudioWarp

Hi

Here is a scenario:
I am trying to allign a bas part to the kick as opposed to just the grid. Therefore I would like to be able to use all the tools that are available in the sample editor (FreeWarp) but in visual context to another track (the kick in this case) When I open the sample editor I can only see the track itself. Is there a way to do warping in the project editor?
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Piotr

I’m also interested in this. I’ve been time-warping the grid to the kick and then audio-warping the bass to the grid.

Just my way of lining up bass to kick is using hit points,
Create a groove with the kick then you will see it in the quantise panel then use this on the bass,
You may Need to do this in sections

In Pro Tools or Studio 1 for example you can view a tracks hit points on the arrange page which makes it super easy to accomplish what you are trying to do, but I don’t believe this feature is available on Cubase. I hope that this must-have feature is made available in the next update of Cubase.

For now this is how I get the job done, maybe it will work for you.

Seperate the arrange window from the sample editor. So in other words split your screen to show the arrange window at the top and the sample editor on the bottom. This way you can edit the hit points on the track you want to align and it will update in the arrange window and you can align to your hearts content.

I hope it makes sense. I’m not by my computer I would have sent a screen shot :slight_smile:

Hi!
Thanks for the tips! I will try to split the windows and see how this goes.
Many thanks again,
Cheers
Piotr