Auto Assign Input Busses / Add Busses from Audio Connections Window?

Hey all,

I’m trying to speed up my workflow with Cubase 11. I’m a freelance audio engineer / mixer for both studio and live sessions. Typically I’m running my Cubase 11 on my Macbook with my own XR18 Behringer mixer for recording live audio, but sometimes I’ll run into a gig with different mixers with different amounts of I/O.

Whenever I set up a new session with a new mixer, or even my preset I/O I made for my XR18, I always find myself having to manually click each input and assign each channel in the “Audio Connections” menu, as well as for the input bus on each separate track.

Is there a way to speed this up? I really would love to be able to assign busses from the get-go, input 16 tracks and they all line up, but I haven’t found a solution for this.

Pics related, ignore the “missing inputs”, I’m just not currently plugged into my interface.

1 Like

Create Templates. Huge time saver. How to Create and Save Templates in Cubase | Music Production for Beginners - YouTube

Otherwise, if you need to assign multiple input and output busses, it’s easier to do from the Mixer than from the track Inspector. Years ago, Cubase would auto-assign tracks to input busses for me, and I have a vague memory of a setting somewhere, but I just looked at Preferences and didn’t see it.

Assign Busses in Mixer Routing: