Auto Fades does nothing?

Ok maybe total noob question but When I select an individual track and create a fade in or out I understand what it does. However, all the time I try to play with the ‘auto fade’ settings literally NOTHING changes in the waveform or in any other way. This should work really simple, but still nothing happens??

Waveform is not supposed to change and no fade handle is created by auto fades.

Ok, I found out how to edit the fadeins and crossfades in the ‘audio’ option like how I wanted it.

Then what is the exact purpose of ‘autofade’ settings’? When I change it it seems very logical for me to expect the fades to change like the shape I selected, yet nothing happens?

Then what is the exact purpose of ‘autofade’ settings’?

Exactly what it says…the beginnings, end or joins between events are given the fade amount you set here.

Then what is the exact purpose of ‘autofade’ settings’? When I change it it seems very logical for me to expect the fades to change like the shape I selected, yet nothing happens?

As I said…Nothing visual happens. This is a playback only realtime function.

The most common use of auto fade is just to set up a few ms fade to avoid clicks in crossfade or event boundaries you may have cut on audio.

Hi,
I’m having an issue with autofade too. I know it doesn’t do anything visually, but to me (and in many cubase versions) it was not really working properly.
I could set it to the value I need and it wouldn’t really apply the right fade settings to my events. If I add the fades manually with the same values, it works.
I’m a heavy chopper and digital clics are something to eliminate all the time… I love the auto fade function if it would do what it is supposed to.
Maybe more a playback problem than when it’s rendered… I haven’t tried to check that. When there is a clic I hear, I need to remove it.