Auto Loop/Auto Length wishes.

Hi all.

I am truly happy using Wavelab. I mainly use it for sample edition as I sometimes have to sample an old synth or similar.
When I do this I use the Auto Split functionality to chop up the sample containing all samples from C1 → C6 for instance.

But what I DO miss is an auto loop function ala the one the old Keymap Pro software allowed.
Wavelab already has a decent loop engine, but batch loop would make my workflow a lot easier.

The second tool I could use for my particular needs would be a ‘all samples get the same length’ function.
I usually have the 61 files in a folder and would like to make sure they are all xx seconds long.

Any of you looking for something similar ?

what I DO miss is an auto loop function ala the one the old Keymap Pro software allowed.

Can you describe more precisely this feature?

The second tool I could use for my particular needs would be a ‘all samples get the same length’ function.
I usually have the 61 files in a folder and would like to make sure they are all xx seconds long.

Using Time stretching or adding/cutting silence?

Philippe

Bonjour Philippe.

The now gone Keymap Pro software (sold to Apple who killed it) was very good as auto looping several samples at once.
I have seen professionals loading one long sample of all the keys on a keyboard into it.
The main problem being that Keymap Pro does not run on any MacOSX newer than LION.

The program cuts it up (like Auto Split) and after that you can choose to auto loop the samples.
The program finds the best possible loop in/out points and adds a little bit of croosfasding to it - the result is surprising good.

Doing this manually takes a long time with 61 samples/keys and this would be a workflow enhancements to all making sound libraries.

The other thing I was mentioning (the same length thing) is of course possible with the time stretching.
But again it wont work in batch/auto mode (or is it ?).
I would love an auto length tool that would change the length of a number of samples to be the same time.
To make it a little more human sounding maybe you could create a n’If sample is shorter that X or larger than Y change it’s length to Z.’

This way only some of the samples would be changed leaving a little humanity in it.

I know this is probably not that important to anyone - just wanted to tell you.

Best;

Kenneth
maskinrum.com