Auto Musical Mode from MediaBay

How do I set Cubase to automatically activate an audio events musical mode when adding it from MediaBay? Seems strange that when you match an audio file in MediaBay to the projects tempo and add it to the project you then have to manually activate musical mode for the event to match the tempo again.

You have to activate “Align Beats to Project” in the Mediabay Previewer for the musical mode automatic activation.

Yes, I know about “Align Beats to Project” in the Mediabay Previewer. But after activating it and then adding the audio file to the project it only auto activates the track musical mode not the events musical mode. Which means the event has to first have it’s musical mode activated manually before it will sync to the project tempo again.

I wasn’t able to find a setting in the preferences to accomplish this…something along the lines of “sync to project tempo when adding files from MediaBay”.

Is this how it’s meant to be?

“Seems strange that when you match an audio file in MediaBay to the projects tempo and then add it to the project you then have to manually activate the events musical mode for it to match the tempo again.”

Actually “Align Beats to Project” is exactly supposed to activate the event’s musical mode, so that it is automatically stretched to fit the project tempo. As for the track’s time base (that can be either musical or time -linear), it should be governed by the setting in Preferences=>Editing=>Default Track Time Type.

I know this is a very old thread, but seeing I couldn’t find an answer to this question… in Cubase 9 there is an attribute in the Media Bay for an audio clip called ‘Follow Tempo’. If this is set to ‘Yes’ then it seems the clip will automatically be set to musical mode when it is added to a track in a project. Not sure if this setting exists in earlier versions, but hope this helps!

Ian.