Auto Save Master Section

I think this has been discussed before . . I could’t find the thread…

the “Auto save master section” feature in the montage preferences just wrote over my master settings.

• Long version - heads up
    After working for quite a while on a montage to do a final render of several clips, I had experimented with several settings in the master section until settling on the final one.
    I had the " Auto save master section" feature in the montage preferences to ON. I clicked on the “Save master section settings” icon on the bottom of montage to make sure the settings were being saved in the montage (just in case ) and also saved the montage as usual.
    Closed, went home.
    Today, I opened the same montage to check the fade ins/outs again before rendering.
    I didn’t bother to “Load master section settings” because I was only double checking the fades. I adjusted one or two. hit Save.
    Ok . . Time to render….
    Load master section settings . . . . Blank ! :cry:
    Since I had loaded an empty workspace, the master section was empty.
    My settings are gone. Checked the backups . . all were over written.

I’m now defaulting to not “Auto save master section”
This process is overly complicated specially after long hours in the studio it’s easy to make this mistake.

Is version 8 any different in this department?
It would be great to open a montage with it’s master settings automatically and clear them when closing.

In WaveLab 8, a Montage has a so-called “Master Track”, which is more or less the same as a Master Section. No need to save or load, this is part of each montage.

Philippe, will it be possible to copy a current Master Section, including all plugins and settings, to a new montage’s Master Track? (Except dithering ofcourse) Or, possibly more useful, to an older pre-v.8 montage’s Master Track? Maybe also the other way around would be useful; to copy the current Master Track to the Master Section…

will it be possible to copy a current Master Section, including all plugins and settings, to a new montage’s Master Track? (Except dithering ofcourse)

Yes, there is a new function to import the Master Section plugins into a clip, a track or the Master Section track. The dither plugin, if any, is also imported (except internal dither).

Or, possibly more useful, to an older pre-v.8 montage’s Master Track?

Yes, as when you open a WaveLab <= 7 montage, it inherits by default of an empty Master Track.

Maybe also the other way around would be useful; to copy the current Master Track to the Master Section…

This won’t be supported now.

Sounds good! Can’t wait to try out v.8.

This is great. It will make things much simpler and also get rid of the feeling of not being sure it is being saved.
Right now I triple check everything before I close the program.
Thanks PG