Auto tune plugin

I am a cubebase le 5 owner and would like to have the autotune plugin. I find it hard to believe that it would be included in a cubase product with the price they are asking at the manufr’s. site…am I wrong??? I am very content at this point with my VST plugins but would really like to have this plugin…Please help!!! :astonished:

I guess when you say “manufr’s. site” (sic) you’re referring to Antares?

If you want the Antares one, you need to buy it. It’s not going to come bundled with Cubase, as that’s a Steinberg product!

However, there is a similar effect that comes with some versions of Cubase, so if you upgrade, you’ll have that.

Thanks Grovin,

Yes that is the site, so when I watch these video tutls. online and they use the autotune 5, that was a bought plugin? Maybe I’m missing something, which is very posssible, but the folks that buy cubase for hundreds go out and buy autotune for hundreds more?..or is there a version for much less and or is there a comprble. pitch editr. plugin from another author. Thanks again for your reply… I must add I do really like cubase so far very knew to it though… A little history here…in the early 80’s when midi was young and as my age was, I had a really state of the art studio…as it progressed I found myself on the road to MACs and then came MOTU…performer software and composer software. This new found love of recording is more of a rekindled romance with alot more options, I really am hoping someone can direct me to some affordable plugins. This has been a journey that just just stated out with me trying to find a good app. for my 14 year old son’s iPad…lol My wife did say that my son unleashed an animal when he wanted to get into recording and loopling…sorry for the long winded note…hope you can help…

With the full Cubase, there is a built in tool called VariAudio that worls ina very similar manner to the older Melodyne plugin. It’s monophonic, not polyphonic (if you need polyphonic you will need Melodyne DNA).

AutoTune is an additional plugin, sold by Antares, and it is not that cheap.
Melodyne - which is what VariAudio is based on - has also moved on since it’s original version, and is now capable of much more.
However, for startng out I suspect that VariAudio as built into the full Cubase (not LE/SE or Artist) will suffice for the time being. The time to spend money on additional plugins is when you find the ones you have with the program no longer do what you need…

Thanks Neil,

That is the detail I was looking for, it seems I have to breakout the credit card lol, I have Cubase LE5, but to be truthful I’m not really sure where to go and get the plugins. I found some sites that have VST’s but a little leary as to their URL’s. Doug

The cheapest current Cubase version that has the pitchcorrect plugin is Elements 6.

See here http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/cubase_elements_6.html

All the versions above that also include it.

Not talking about that - we are talking about either AutoTuneor Melodyne, and the Cubase version built in as VariAudio.
Pitch Correct is something very different indeed.

You might be - but how do you the OP is?

The fact is: when most people talk about “autotune” these days, they mean the effect which is used to ‘tune’ vocals, as used in pop and urban music (see T Pain).

'Cos he says so in the post.

so when I watch these video tutls. online and they use the > autotune 5> , that was a bought plugin? Maybe I’m missing something, which is very posssible, but the folks that buy cubase for hundreds go out and buy autotune for hundreds more?..