Automap on Cubase 6.5

Since I updated to 6.5 I had runtime errors, hangups and other weird messages.
Opening the taskmanager to close the application resulted in a total crash of my system.

Another thing what happened was that my automap didn’t work smoothly.
I couldn’t assign parameters of VST3 instruments, sometimes it just randomly assigned it to other buttons.
So I completely removed all my Novation software and now Cubase works without glitches, I can close it without weird messages.
Now I am going to reinstall it again, hoping that it will work, otherwise I have this beautifull controller only to look at… :frowning:

In the mean time I tried to map for instance Retrologue to my M-audio Oxygen49 so that I can still have hands on controll but to no avail. I map the cut-off knob and another knob in the Retrologue GUI is mapped seemingly in a random fashion.
Right now I can’t controll any of the synths anymore.
So I am off to look further for solutions, in the meantime I hope others can shed some light on this or have similar issues.

One thing that bothers me is that I downloaded 64bit drivers for the novation controllers because I have W7 64bit. But Cubase is running 32 bit, so the automap software is too my knowledge 32 bit, is that maybe the cullprit or shouldn’t this be a problem?

Greetz Dylan.

i’ve got a remote Zero SLMKII and had the same problems with Cubase 6.0 in Win7 64 bit. Followed all the instructions by Novation and Automap 4 wouldn’t work properly…had to roll back to 3.7 and everything works fine.

same here it’s only padshop not working retrologue is working but had to learn some controls

Copy the file CubaseAutomapClient64 from either

\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Components

or

\Program Files\Novation\Automap

to

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Components

All will be fine :slight_smile:

Windows7x64
Cubase 6.5.1x64
Drivers Novation_USB_Driver-2.3
Automap 4-4.3b6.

or

to

Yep
Automap 4.3 Cubase 6.5.2 64/32 and Windows U 7 64 working perfect here.

Rightnow my Novation remote zero SL is disconected from my set up.
So only mouse and midikeyboard to control everything.

I begin to think that it’s just my hardwarething I don’t know.
I really like the impulse line, so maybe I will get one of those.

Maybe your usb/motherboard not delivering anough power and causing the glitching. Just a long shot maybe try an external power adapter instead of USB to drive the unit.

Best of luck .

hmm, well the right display sometimes glitches! so maybe you are on to something. thnks for the tip!

You can also run the Zero SL on batteries as a test. The other thing to know is that USB1 ports supply less power than USB2, so make sure it’s connected to a USB 2 port, or a powered hub.

Earlier…

or
to

I checked in my components folder and they were in there…so this won’t work for me. I initially loaded Automap 4.3 and it worked for the evening… started Cubase 6.5 up the next day and all my settings and configurations were gone. All the wrapped VST would not load.

I’m on a I7 2600 with Windows 7 running 64 bit and using Novation’s Zero SL MKII. Tried to roll back to 3.7 (which worked for me) but since firmware was upgraded, the 3.7 won’t install…so basically the board is useless to me once I figure this all out.

Glad I stumbled on this thread. Just got around to installing C6 (not 6.5). Have a Novation SL MK2 but have not gotten to installing Automap yet. Had downloaded ver 4 (4.3 to be exact). Anyone know if this problem affects C6?

Also, prevoious post…

[quote=“[i]ferencz”]
Earlier…

or
to
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Components[/i]
[/quote]

Not sure I understand this. Wouldn’t the file in the x86 path… (\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Components) be 32 bit??? Why would you copy that over into the 64 bit programs path (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Components) ?

Never underestimate the stupidity of installer programs.

You would think so wouldn’t you.

The installer dumps both the automap client files (32 bit and 64 bit) in the same folder in the 32bit (x86) folder.

Copy only the 64bit cubaseautomapclient to the directory as instructed.

I’m actually shocked by Novations stupidity, laziness and lack of knowledge in this matter.

I’m also having issues with the Automap exe (in the taskbarmanager) communicating with Cubase64. Keeps saying the links broken!!!

This is not going as smoothly as hoped!

Curious about this…another post said that they killed their Novation by updating to Automap 4 but they COULD NOT roll back to 3.7 because the ver 4 install put new firmware on the keyboard…thus they couldn’t roll back.

Curious how you were able to do this? Is there a way to reset the keyboard back to some original factory firmware? (I do think I read something like this but cant find it now).

Anyone know how to get a non automapped plugin mapped.

For example I have Sylenth1 and downloaded the Sylenth1automap file from Novations website…no idea how to use it.

And appears automapping is only mapping 32bit plugins bridged or unbridged but not the 64bit versions?

Any help please

Thanks

Looked through tutorials and forums…I am missing something in automap 4.

Mapping via the plugin manager.
Once mapped import the map onto the mapped plugin via the edit screen open/save menu.

Earlier I completely uninstalled Automap 4 and cleared all registry settings. THen I reinstalled 3 and 3.4 from disk. However since the firmware was upgrade in 4.2 and 4.3, the install crashed.

Oh the joys of Automap eh ? I’ve only a got a nocturn, but definately not getting a Novation MIDI Keyboard now.

Doing some digging on the forums (Novations).

If you can stay on 3.7 for the time being…Im not convinced that 4.3 is wholly 64bit ready or working as it should in regards to controls/assignment and templates (incompatible when loading 3.7 on 4.3),

Maybe my misunderstanding as Im not getting any joy and new. Sent an email support see what response is received.

The focus of 32-bit vs 64-bit is down to hardware driver support,