Automap on Cubase 6.5

Ok so I have automap working on Win7 with Cubase 6.5 x64. But it is only bridging the 32bit version plugins and not any of the 64bit. This is causing glitching as the automap is running the plugins as wrapped (jBridge) as running in Cubase 6.

Hi

Is there only a problem with Cubase 6.5? I was thinking about upgrading except that I don’t want to break a working system. :wink:

I currently run 6.05 32bit on WIn7 x64 with a Nocturn using Automap 4.3.

I do have a problem with windows not always finding the nocturn o startup now and again. This seesm to be a hardware related problem though since a motherboard and cpu upgrade. It also happened with older novation drivers with this setup. There wasn’t a problem until upgraded the mb etc. I just have to unplug and reconnect the nocturn so that Windows detects it.

Dylan, as far as I can tell you don’t need the 64bit client if you are running C6.5 32bit. I could be wrong though. :laughing:

I dont know…I wouldn’t discard them so fast. Th SL has a great feel to the keyboard (IMHO better than most other alternatives) and even if you decide not to use automap, you could still build a remote controller page in Cubase and make use of the various controls on the keyboard.

Get one at a reasonable price and I think it’s still a very nice controller even without Automap.

Im still waiting for a response from Novation, to be fair over the weekend and a bank holiday in UK.

Automap appears to be working, however very random on what it assigns and how.

Reprogramming is not an issue so Im aiming to do a couple a day. Not an easy task :

2566 plugins scanned lol…although to be sensible probably only around 80+ I need to program sigh :slight_smile: Certainly making me look at what I do and dont need.

Appears automap will only automap 32bit and not 64bit cubase 6.5 so be warned.

Automap appears to only map plugins in 32bit htat have been bridged (ie jBridge).

Overall the unit is great and not to be knocked.

Golden rule dont believe the hype…automap is not where it should be…YET!!!

Not having any of these issues with Automap 4.3 on Win 7 64bit and Cubase 6.5 64bit ONLY, no 32bit installation and no (non-Steinberg) 32bit VSTs. Everything has worked right out of the box so far. No mapping problems for the Steinberg VST’s and several of my non-Steinberg VST’s are pre-mapped without a need to download additional maps (Native Instruments, EWQL, Musiclab, Spectrasonics, etc.) Perhaps these problems discussed here are due to having both 32 and 64 bit Cubase installed, or, using 32 bit plugins with a 64bit Cubase version. Not to say that can’t work well without automap, but it might not work well with automap. I suspect it’s an installation issue based on mixing 32 and 64 and not automap itself.

Automap 4.3.2

I have tried removing the bridge’d and 32 paths from Automaps VSTPath folder setup still with no luck.
Novation have confirmed an issue in regards to vstpaths not being removed, updated or added due to subpath errors which is due to be fixed in the 4.4 update.

In other words when some paths are added it is impossible to remove them (not all but some). The solution was to uninstall Automap, remove any automap references in the registry. This reset the folder options on reinstallation of automap, without combing and deleting automap references in registry it wouldn’t work. This also included cakewalk reference path not being removed until I uninstalled Cakewalk Sonar, cleaned and deleted cakewalk registry keys. THIS IS ONLY RECOMMENDED IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN REGISTRY. I would not recommend doing this if you are not familiar with registry or prepared to deal with any consequences to an unstabel system.

On reinstalling (with admin controls etc) and only selecting the x64 plugin path for Cubase6.5.1 it still failed unfortunately.

My end it is only automapping 32 bit plugins or 32bit bridged (jBridge) plugins not the 64bits.

Its odd for example TAL plugins wont automap but TAL Vintage will.

I would suggest anyone using 64bit plugins wait for the 4.4 update…Ill feed back in colusion with Novation support where relevant.

You may be right that having both 32bit and 64bit installed could be part of the issue, whcih may be again Automaps registry problem.

The issue has however been confirmed by Novation support so it’s a waiting game.

32bit no issue…64bit not there yet, but soon I hope.

Saying that…do not let this put you off buying the Novation products, they do work in some circumstances with automap (32bit plugins, 32 bit bridged plugins and as a controller for cubase mixer).

I can honestly say I should have bought a midi mixer controller years ago so the automap is a bonus and worth the wait for Novation to get things sorted :slight_smile:

Best of luck .[/quote]hmm, well the right display sometimes glitches! so maybe you are on to something. thnks for the tip![/quote]You can also run the Zero SL on batteries as a test. The other thing to know is that USB1 ports supply less power than USB2, so make sure it’s connected to a USB 2 port, or a powered hub.[/quote]
excuse me Guys …
can the zero run on both the external adapter n the usb simultaneously without any damage to it ?? any one doing it ??? My zero SL MK Ii has a switch of either options only n i have only one USB port , i m having the same issues as above posts , , i m using c 6.5 X 64 with win 7 x 64 , loaded automap 4.7 i think , it says AMap on off line mode on the unit , did any one finally solve this issue , how do i find the firware version on my Zero , so far it just doest respond … thanks sam

My N zero SL MK II , dont allow dual power simultaneously , my zero has either options , USB / EXt power or off , is it safe to use dual power simultaneously , i know a lot of USB units support this , best contact Novation , right now hopefully they r working out a solution 4 the same issue i also have … fingers crossed .i have a new thread made u can look up, . sm

hi pls can u direct me to automap 3.7 , really would appreciate it …
thanks sam

My recent mails with Novation , hope any one can shed some light …
Hi Sam,

Thank you for your email.

The reason we no longer host older versions of Automap is that during various code reviews we have uncovered a number of bugs which persist in legacy versions of Automap and these bugs have now been corrected with the latest version. Therefore we have taken the decision not to host legacy versions on our web site.

I understand your frustration here and I understand you may be working on projects which mean you can’t install Automap at the moment. Without crash logs from your system it is very difficult to suggest what is causing this problem and what may resolve it. Will you have any time in the near future where you’ll be able to reinstall Automap and provide us with the logs of the crashes you get when running Cubase and Automap?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Eddie Judd // Novation Technical Support

http://www.novationmusic.com/answerbase/en/category.php?id=61

Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited
Windsor House, Turnpike Road, High Wycombe HP12 3FX, United Kingdom

-----Original Message-----
Subject: RE: (Case 215854) ZeRO SL MkII

I have given all details of the win 7 x 64 bit , cubase 6.5 updated recently i have given links to my problem , with so many users complaining , and have started using the panaroma P1 , instead , in my case i have just purchased the zero, every of my mail is documented , we are running in circles here , i cant send u any screen shots of having my cubase and its data crashing , i cant risk that , and cubase also guided me how to uninstall your automap, which i have done , either you solve your problem soon , or i sell it on e bay and warn other would be suckers like me everywhere … how can i answer your same questains , so many times , Refer to all my old mails . n yes i had installed your latest version of auto map , 4.7 i think , some say that the old version of 3.7 works , but its nowhere to be found , even on your site , i have requested for that version 4m u several times , all the wrong links sent and all a waste of time , the guys who have it working with the 3.7 , dont have the ver. exe , just the reverted back installed version …
thanks . now it up to you guys …

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:40:56 +0100
To: timecomputers@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: (Case 215854) ZeRO SL MkII

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your email. I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your setup.

What operating system are you using? Specifically which version?

What happens when you try to open Cubase with Automap 4.7 installed? Do you get any error messages? If so, can you please send me a screenshot of each of them?

What version of Automap is on the disk that came with your SL Mk II?

To take a screenshot a Windows PC press the ‘Print Scrn’ button on your keyboard. Open Paint by going to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Paint. Press ‘Ctrl and v’ to paste the image into Paint. Save the image as a .jpg file.

Kind regards,

Hi All,

Sam has been in touch with one of my colleagues at Novation Technical support regarding issues with Cubase crashing.

Unfortunately it’s very difficult for our developers to address this issue without concise crash logs of the problem. Sam is unable to send me one of these and I see that none have been posted here.

If anyone is able to provide us with these, please get in touch either directly or at http://uk.novationmusic.com/answerbase/contact

Best regards,

Marcel // Focusrite Novation Support

My friend Marcel , i have mailed you, n specially you , specially also , if u just browse this page , u will know that i use Win 7 x 64 bit , n cubase 6.5 , i m tired of answering your questions , again n again , if u browse this forums , i m not the only one , i uninstalled the automap , n cant risk my data as cubase crashes always with ur latest version of automap , i dont understand what u r getting down too, try if u can solve , this issue … … sm

Hi Sam,

None of the posts on the Steinberg forum include any crash logs which we require to fully diagnose and fix this issue as we can’t reproduce this here.

I’ve asked one of my colleagues to post on the forum requesting crash logs and further information from anyone there. Hopefully we’ll be able to get this information and work to resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

-----Original Message-----
Reply-To: “sam de crasto” <timecomputers@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 13:16:27 +0000
To: “Novation Tech Support Team” <slmkiisupport@novationmusic.com>
Subject: RE: (Case 215854) ZeRO SL MkII

HI , I have sent u guys links for SteinBerg forums , numerous mails with all details , the tedious work around , that only Auto map 3.7 work ok , but unavailable … what more do i have to do ?? ok 4 the last time , read this … https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19964
n browse more n read that … if my problem isnt solved , ill just keep posting online on what a sucker i have been made , what would u do in my place , i had just purchased the zero , used it once … what r u ??? sm

Sam de Conte
Time Computer Divisions
timecomputers@hotmail.com
Mobile 9421 30 50 81. BSNL 91-0832-2414411.
sam de crasto face book.

Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 13:57:05 +0100
To: timecomputers@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: (Case 215854) ZeRO SL MkII

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your email.

The reason we no longer host older versions of Automap is that during various code reviews we have uncovered a number of bugs which persist in legacy versions of Automap and these bugs have now been corrected with the latest version. Therefore we have taken the decision not to host legacy versions on our web site.

I understand your frustration here and I understand you may be working on projects which mean you can’t install Automap at the moment. Without crash logs from your system it is very difficult to suggest what is causing this problem and what may resolve it. Will you have any time in the near future where you’ll be able to reinstall Automap and provide us with the logs of the crashes you get when running Cubase and Automap?

Kind regards,

here your latest mail to me … sm

this older 3.7 ver is the only one that a few here have reverted back and runs smoothly so i read … n of course that work around by SB , which dont exactly guarantee success… either …
just one questain , will your latest version Of automap work well with cubase 6.5 in win 8 x 64 bit environment …
pls dont expect me to be the guinea pig …
sam

so i should give up on Novation , mine is a zero SL MK II , so far , circles with the Novation support , … it wont work with C 6.5 ( crashing )/ C 7 , no Auto Map 3.7 to be found … any where , any way the 4.X version , updates the firm ware, which apparently written here, cant be rolled back either , … i just purchased mine … so nice … another dumped piece of hardware… brand new n obsolete n i had heard people swear by it … … nice … sm