Automate Massive in Cubase Essential 4

Hello everyone. I hope this hasn’t been covered a million times but I can’t seem to find it. I am using Cubase 4 essentials, NI’s Massive and a M-audio midi controller. I am trying to figure out the best to automate Massive’s macro controls (the assignable ones on the bottom) to automate in Cubase. The list of available vst parameters does not include the macro controls and Cubase essentials does not have Quick Controls. I have using Cubase for a couple years now but I am new to the automation game.

Thanks,

Mike

The controls don’t show up as available on the Instrument Channel? Tried Generic Remote?

EDIT Nevermind

Is this where you are talking about (pic below)? If it is, there is no option for macro controls…seems about everything else though.

I have not tried the generic devices yet. Not real sure what that is exactly. Thanks for your help though.

Mike
Screen shot 2012-01-05 at 10.40.29 AM.png

Ok I think I have it figured out. I was able to find out more about the Generic Remote and looks like that is my answer. Now the Macro controls are showing up in the Vst instrument parameters. It only shows me 2 parameters at a time. I don’t know if there is anyway to show all the controls but this will do.

Thank you very much for your help. I definitely sent me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mike