Automatic playback offsets

I’m on mobile so please excuse any formatting errors.
I have been using Dorico for quite sometime and I think the inclusion to use 3rd party vst’s is amazing. However, I have encountered a large problem. When I use legato samples there is a delay built in (such as in the cinematic studio series), and the delay varies on the velocity of the notes for different legato speeds. I suggest that there should be an option in the expression map to create an auto delay that is both articulation and velocity (maybe even CC11) sensitive. The creator should also choose the unit of time for the offset (millisecond, second, and so on). I can manually go through and edit the delays however, that takes a lot of time to reference the velocity with the note and include the appropriate offset. I don’t know if this is a feature, however I have not been able to find it in any videos or while using the program.

Second idea, could it be possible to manually change the artulation in playback but still have it notated as a different articulation? Could it also be capable of moving the articulations around in play mode. This could be very useful in accommodating incredibly delayed techniques like rips.

If these features are already implemented, please let me know!

Can I check that I understand what you’re asking for? Are you asking for some kind of automatic offset for notes, so that Dorico starts playing notes a fixed number of milliseconds earlier than their written position, varying not only by the specific patch you’re using, but also by the dynamic level?

This isn’t possible at the moment, but certainly we plan to implement a feature to allow Dorico to offset the start (and end?) positions of notes automatically via switches in expression maps at some point in the future.

1 Like

Yes! This is exactly what I was thinking about! This would be such a huge timesaver! Thank you so much for responding so soon!

same request here. Offset compensation for third party vsts