Automating Reverbs / Scenes

With Altiverb you just have to use two instances for it to work well. One for every other scene. This way I t works ok, but it is messy (same issue in PT btw).

Reverence works fine using preset changes but you still need to time to switch presets as it does take time to go from one preset to another (nature of all current IR verb designs).

I use a combination of semi fixed reverbs and automating presets changes when needed and that covers all my needs.

Great infos here!!!
I use the same method Fredo does. Excerpt I like to load the verbs into Vienna VEPro. It has got the possibility to save channel sets. Its faster to recall favorite reverb/presets/plugins combinations without waiting for Nuendo. And allows to do internal routing inside VEP . And if running out of juice a I can move the whole setup to a server/satelite PC.
So my template has got 4-5 reverb place holders and the Ill load required verbs in VEP.

I find the reverence plugin just doesn’t follow the preset changes. I feel like if you add 4 or more you are playing with fire. Is this paranoia? I just heard a mixer say his impulses aren’t switching properly on one of his versioning outputs.

I find it buggy myself. How many verbs do you run on each instance of reverence. I am thinking about using a single impulse per instantiated plugin and use VST3 to bypass processing the lot of them when not in use.