Automating with Koala FX/ Cubasis 3 in Ipad

I’m trying to add some FX from Koala FX onto a track I already recorded. For some reason, the automation feature does not work well with this. So I thought that perhaps there is a way to route my track to a group track where I can manipulate the effect manually and record this into a new audio track. I’ve been pulling my hair out and can’t figure it. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

As you mentioned iPad, you are probably talking about Cubasis 3, not Cubase 3, right?

Yes, thanks for that. Topic edited to reflect that.

Hi,

There is still Cubase mentioned in the title and it was in the Cubase section. My expectation still is, you are talking about Cubasis, so I moved the post to the Cubasis section.

1 Like

I had issues with recording automation for the regular koala app as well, but I noticed that it still created keyframes where the value crossed the 0 threshold, so tracks are atleast created. As a workaround it’s possible to manually draw curves then.

1 Like

Hi @Flavelius

We’ve shared your report with Marek (Koala FX).

Best,
Lars

Hi @Flavelius

We’ve exchanged with Marek regarding the topic, and gave the Koala FX plug-in a quick automation check within Cubasis where things work as expected.

Please let us have a short video which includes all steps leading to the issue.

Thanks
Lars

Ok, I shouldn’t have used „as well“ in my reply. My issue occurs with koala sampler, I just thought this might be the same with koala FX, so I offered this as a potential description and workaround. But still, it’s an issue in koala sampler.

(I hope the 4mb upload limited compression still allows the steps to be seen)

Hi @Flavelius

Please double check before reporting (since evaluating issues takes precious for our small team, engineering included).

Please get in touch with Marek / Mazbox Limited regarding the issue. We’re at hand to exchange with him if required.

Thanks
Lars

I didn’t mean to mislead anyone, I intended to express that I also have issues with automation in the regular koala app when loaded and automated the same way, sorry if that was not as clear as required. I hoped to be able to provide a workaround for the OP.