Automation Error...

My Specs:

Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
Processor 2.6 GHz Quad Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600MHz DDR3

Details to recreate issue:

Once you try to put 2 automation points on the same grid value the 2 points alway switches positions. Please watch the video I uploaded to see exactly what Im talking about.

Hello,

It seems like you forgot to upload the video, could you please upload it?

Best regards,
GN

Im trying to upload it again but for some reason its telling me .mov is not allowed even tho thats what Ive been uploading this whole time. I even converted it to .m4v and it saying the same thing. So here is a link to the video, please let me know when you download it so I can delete it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzngkulaji6frgf/Automation%20Error.mov?dl=0

Hello.

I think I have the same issue with Pro 8.5. I select two automation points, proceed to drag one of these (and hence both) up or down, and then an adjacent point shifts. Here is what happens.

1. I open a track I use for volume automation. I am interested in moving the level between the two central points up.
    1 Starting Position.jpg
  2. I select the two points and place my mouse cursor on the one on the right. I intend to grab that one so that both selected points are moved upwards concurrently.
    2 Automation Points Selected.jpg
  3. When I click on the right point, and with the slightest move upward, the point just below the one I was pointing to (and using to move upwards) also jumps upwards - the slope originally present disappears!!!
    3 Final Position.jpg
    Does anyone have any idea what this is? Am I doing something wrong? This used to work fine before the 8.5 update.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Can you lift up from the top middle of the great box instead?

Hi, Alexis.

Yes, I can and it seems to work. Thank you. Still, is this a workaround? Is the issue I am facing, which did not seem to be there in the previous versions, intentional? I don’t know. One thing I miss when I use the middle ‘handle’ at the top of the selected box is the indication of volume change I am applying. Are there any ideas how to fix that when I move the middle ‘handle’?

Again, thanks.

Best

DP

When I accidentally changed the point of automation, I cant return same point with undo. How to undo the changes of automation?