Automation Gets Stuck in Write Position

It might be better to redo the automation made while having the bug.
In my case it causes a huge amount of nodes/dots. It seems this can cause problems.

In the automation panel “settings” I adjusted the node reduction level from 50% (default) to 0% so I get as many nodes as possible for a lot of detail - many nodes like in the case of the bug where I got tons of nodes even with the 50% reduction level. It kinda bypasses the reduction which is another weird detail.

But now that I turned off the reduction manually I immediately got trouble with plugins reading the automation in the new mode with many nodes. One plugin didn’t read the automation at all till enabling / disabling the track. It was NOT stuck in write mode.
Another plugin also didn’t read the automation till I opened the plugin! Just opened it!
It was also NOT stuck in write mode.

Although I get such a crazy variety of crap with Cubase and other plugins that I might just be cursed and you can disregard all that.
I’ll at least always redo my automation from the bug, even if it’s not stuck anymore since that somehow doesn’t seem to matter.

EDIT: I still have the problem with the one plugin (Movement) eve though I removed the many nodes and redid it. Not completely from scratch but there are only 4-5 nodes per automation lane rather than hundreds. And it still only reads when opening the plugin. So it might be a plugin issue.

Not sure about the other but just mentioning it = Valhalla Space Modulator. That automation works after redoing it. So, not sure if it’s plugin bugs or down to the many dots/nodes.
So I guess if you get the bug only every once in a while it might be safer to redo it without too much hassle. If it happens all the time… DECISIONS…
What a “professional” software.

1 Like