Automation Join - except individual channels/lock auto

Sorry for the weird title, I don’t know how to condense it to make the point. Anyway…

Current behavior (example):

1. 3 channels in latch
  2. Press play and write automation on all 3
  3. Stop playback at for example 20 seconds
  4. Go back to the start and play back again

5-A. I choose “auto join” and do nothing else the three channels will all start writing automation again once they reach 20 seconds, and the automation value written at that point will be the value the parameters were at right before they continue writing. All good.

5-B. Alternatively, I choose “auto join” and play back, adjust any of the three channels’ fader, and now “auto join” is disabled for the untouched faders.

REQUEST 1:

5-C. “Except” indvidual channels from “auto join” and leave others in “auto join” mode.

The desired behavior would thus be that I can roll back after I stop, press play, set “auto join”, and adjust one fader BUT with the remaining faders still engaging write according to the “auto join” setting.

This way we can place multiple channels in latch and write to them and then go back and adjust only one of them, with the rest picking up where they were. We don’t have to physically touch all of the other faders to re-engage latch, which is now problematic because it may be that we stopped playback close to an automation move on several of them meaning we’d have to time the touch to re-engage writing at the exact moment after that movement. With the requested behavior we don’t have that problem.

REQUEST 2:

Don’t snap out of “auto join” once automation has restarted writing. At the very least give us the same option as with the “Fill” parameters where we can click once to engage once, and click again to “lock” the parameter so that is the behavior until we unselect it.

This way we can set “auto join” to be the default behavior during a mix pass of our program material and not have to continuously set it during every “restart”.

makes sense?

1 Like

… give us the same option as with the “Fill” parameters where we can click once to engage once, and click again to “lock” the parameter so that is the behavior until we unselect it…

+1

Yes agreed! +1

+1
Agree with both requests.

Cheers,
Dirx

+1
agree