Automation nodes too small..

is it just me or does anyone else find then too small? i’m on a laptop though which doesn’t help…

it’s just that if the node is at a maximum or minimum value i often find myself selecting the part underneath\above on accident…

to be able to increase the node size would be extremely helpful, maybe an option so that when you hover over it with the mouse it automatically magnifies or something…

having said that about being on a laptop, i also have the same problem on my 22 inch studio monitor so…

Yes. Tricky little buggers, aren’t they!

yeah i know it’s a bit random to suddenly mention it now when they’ve been small for years but right now it’s DOIN MY HEAD IN!!

surely it wouldn’t be too hard to give us an option to change their size?

maybe in the 6.x cycle?

i’m wasting my breath aren’t i ??

Agreed. I have a whole range of tactics for manipulating the little so and so’s

Just thinking here, can you drag over them and select them as a “Group of one”? might be easier. Not sat in front of cubase right now so can’t try…

I know I spend a lot of time typing in the info line rather than moving the things about.

I agree it is a bit cumbersome editing nodes. Every time I edit nodes I wonder if there’s a better way to do it that I’m missing. I guess not

no totally sure what you mean here…

i generally just drag a square around the little bastard then end up either holding alt + click in the info line & use the fader, or yeah just type the value in…

rubbish basically…

Yes you can, still doesn’t stop them being dam annoying little blobs of doom though…

That’s exactly what I mean! it’s hard to vilualise what you do intuitively…

Yeah, it’s a faff. I end up using extra tracks to avoid basic automation tasks sometimes, because I just can’t be bothered! Track count suffers though :laughing:

“Annoying little blobs of doom” - can I add that to my reportoire of insults please?

Ok, standby to be amazed… (dramatic music)

Select an easy to get “blob of doom”tm then use the left right arrow keys to move the selection either right or left.

Simples (as the meerkats say)

hehe yeah nice1, i do do that but there really should be a better solution imo…

wish you hadn’t said simples though… :laughing:

Amazed. This will improve my life. my gratitude flows over, forming a huge lake of serenity upon which I shall edit automation nodes with swan-like effortless grace.

The automation points increase their size by increasing the track height (new). The smallest size of the points is not much different as in previous versions though.

ahh that’s interesting…

all we need now are multi-out instrument tracks & to be able to use the range tool inside mediabay…

then i’ll be a happy camper…

tho by then there’ll be something else i want so… :unamused:

I installed cubase 6 yesterday and I noticed that the wider you expand the automation lanes the larger the nodes appear and when they are big it is quite nice and friendly, generally I like the lane I’m working on expanded for accuracy so this works nicely for me. Also the Z expands the currently selected lane which I like & use a lot.

It’s like we invoked this - Hurrah and well done Steinberg. Obviously there is even more to this new version than meets the eye.