Automation stays stuck in write mode

This happened to me in Cubase 11 several times but now in 12 as well.
Automation gets stuck in write mode (lane stays red) and only way to get it back is to restart Cubase 12. A real flow killer…

Hi,

One of the most complex thread is here. Unfortunately we still don’t have reliable reproduction process.

Do you happen to have a Komplete Kontrol product? Keyboard or Maschine? Or use Komplete Kontrol as a wrapper?

I think I found the problem. I have an extensive Cubase template ( generic remote) that I created in Lemur (iPad ) that included midi ccs for read and write automation . I deleted these and haven’t had the issue since.

I deleted these and haven’t had the issue since.

Can you explain what “these” are? The whole remote or specific lemur commands?

It might be that the Lemur commands you’re using trigger the bug but that other hardware controllers can also trigger it in different way

I meant specific commands in lemur. I had cc messages in generic remote to enable read/write automation.

I had cc messages in generic remote to enable read/write automation.

Ok thanks, I have those too. I’ll try disabling them, though I believe the Komplete Kontrol keyboards also have commands for read/write automation as part of their implementation. Good clue though. Keep us posted if the problem returns.

I also have a Komplete Kontrol S 61 Mark one. I don’t think that was the problem though.

How’s this issue treating y’all? I still get it 4-5 times per day, in 12.0.6 there’s no change.

Definitely at the top of my wish list for fixes.

Haven’t seen it in a while either I’m not using Cbs or automation enough or I developed a subconscious workaround to avoid it :wink:

I’ve got this in C13. I use a CC121 - could that be part of the issue? I’ve also noticed the option to undo goes away as well!

CC121 is not part of the issue, though generally operating a complicated external controller hardware like it might be. Happens on all kinds of my setups here, and no CC121 in the mix.

You’ll probably find that auto save is also broken when this happens.

And yep still happens in 13.

I’ve noticed it seems to happen when switching files. Meaning it almost never happens if I quit each time I switch files. Ugh

Yes, a workaround is to quit Cubase and reload project but when you have to this with every automation pass, definite workflow killer.

I think for me Komplete Kontrol was the culprit. I removed it and so far everything is hunky dory…

1 Like

Happening to me. This bug has been around since Cubase 9

Yes, it came back for me too. Now I’ve deleted my Mackie control, that seems to have helped. And put my komplete kontrol back. We’ll see…