Automation still below a track! Why????

I begged for the feature that automation data can be shown hyperimposed on a track, rather than wasting screen space below. And its still not there. Please Steinberg, just have a look at ProTools and Logic. That is how automation should look like. Below is: Imprecise for fine adjustments and such a waste of space! :imp:

You know you can overlay the waveform on the automation lane? That should remove any imprecise adjustments (but doesn’t solve the space issue).

you have redesigned transport buttons, this should ease the pain.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Can you tell us exactly where that function is located (in other words, how do I turn that on). Also, I kind of think closing the automation lanes when I’m done making adjustments is all the space saving I need, but that’s me.

I too would prefer the automation be right over the track, and then I can just easily show/hide it - similar to how it is in Logic. I’ve never liked having to open up a separate panel - it feels like it takes a bunch of unnecessary mouse-clicks to open/resize/close etc.

It’s in the prefs somewhere. If you can’t find it I’ll check tomorrow when I’ve got it loaded again.

Found it: Project>Automation Panel>Settings Tab>select Show Data On Track
Life just keeps getting better 'n better.

Shame using a short cut for this folds the tracks too. Not that I’ve checked it in 10 yet.

The problem here is that many people have multiple lanes for each track. The ‘hyperimposed’ is reserved for the CC data, thanks to midi parts.

I’ve never liked having to open up a separate panel - it feels like it takes a bunch of unnecessary mouse-clicks to open/resize/close etc

Use shortcut keys. I Use #: Show all used Automation. Why? because ~~~~~~ . I use ~ (shift#): Automation follows event tog. Ctrl Shift #~ is going to be added as show data on track tog, if it’s available.

I would like this also. I’ve always been jealous of ProTools for having this.