Auv3 Plug-ins Working on M1 iPad in Cubasis 3?

I am considering upgrading to a 2021 M1 iPad Pro with a lot more RAM than my current 2018 iPad Pro.

I can’t find clear indications that my plug-ins, such as the FabFilter line, DDMF line and ApeMatrix Send and Receive (used to created bus functionality in Cubasis) will run reliably in the M1 version of the iPad.

Any information?

DDMF reports their plug-ins work well on the M1 iPad.

I’ve not had any issues. M1 ipad processor is absolutely backward compatible it’s only called M1 because of apples focus in where to take their “A’ line of processors. M1 is the first iteration where their Silicon has become focused towards providing power needed to drive regular computer operating systems and environments.
I very much doubt you’ll find many iPadOS apps that run on A14 or A15 silicon that will be incompatible.

In fact, M1 is A14 architecture with more streamlining and cores and M2 is the A15 also streamlined in a similar vein to 5nm tech.

@Funkspace appreciate the info.

Another provider, Youlean, maker of Loudness Meter, confirmed full compatibility with M1 iPad.

And now FabFilter has confirmed.

It’s clear the M1 is just an evolution of the Arm architecture of previous iPad/iPhone processors and is fully backward compatible, as was kindly explained earlier in this thread.

Now the question is get the M1 iPad or wait for the upcoming M2. Ah, never-ending GAS!!

Hi @dovjgoldman,

We do not have any information that AUv3 plug-ins will not work on M1 iPad devices. To be 100% sure, you might get in touch with the app vendors of the 3rd party plug-ins mentioned in your report.

Hope that helps!

Stay safe,
Lars

@LSlowak as I said in earlier posts, DDMF, Youlean and FabFilter have confirmed that their plug-ins work just fine on M1.

Hi @dovjgoldman,

as I said in earlier posts, DDMF, Youlean and FabFilter have confirmed that their plug-ins work just fine on M1.

Perfect!!

Thanks
Lars