average load max after few plugins

i used to work with over 100 channels and manny vsts within each channel and lots of instuments on my corrent pc (4930k OC to 4.2ghz)with cubase 7 and tc impact twin sound card (now i use focusrite scarlett 2i2)
and i just upgraded my cubase to 9.5 and while i was pretty happy of the new interface compared to 7… i started installing some instuments and vsts and now i cant even start a new project with 12 channels and some vsts\groups\side chains before it maxd out…

i do use a week usb sound card at the moment but damn it should not behave like that especially after cubase 9.5 is making me work with dual os so i culd have my 32 bit plugins again…

needles to say in this project cubase isn’t using even 15% of my pc, the cpu is on 12% the ram is on 20% and my SSD is sleeping with this 12 channels project…

with cubase 5 i used to run 120 channels on my old pc (q9550s OC to 3.6ghz with tc impact twin) and the cpu was on 90%!! and it workd perfect!

im going to upgrade my sound card to lynx e44 next month and while i do expect it to get better it’s probably not going to be enough…
and i saw a guy with similar setup to mine who went and bought a new pc (with 8700k cpu) because of this and it didn’t do anything to performance…

i dont know if to cry to my pillow all night or just install cubase 7 again…

maybe someday steinberg will make a vst server so i can run vst/vsti over lan from servel pcs??? and make this thing work for idiots like me who wants 300 channels per project if they only culd…

same?: