Avoiding pops when exporting sections // how to add micro fading?

I am exporting a 1 hour seamless mix which I have structured into several tracks using the loop-marker. Almost all of my exported tracks are now abruptly cut off at the end, naturally. To deal with this, I have to edit every file and add a micro-fade at the end of it. I can probably just re-import everything into Cubase and add the fade in a “bulk” action by simply selecting all files at once and then exporting them again, but I was wondering if there was an easier way?

What are some common ways to achieve a “seamless” cut?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Hi,

Select all Audio Events and set the micro fade out in the Info Line for all selected Audio Events at once.

Yes that is my plan for the re-imported tracks. However, what do you do if you have a full arrangement with lots of virtual instruments that are not rendered in place? Ideally, I could assign some kind of function or tool to the “launch after render” function but I do not know of any tool that can add micro fades to audio except opening the files one-by-one and then doing it manually (i.e. Wavelab, Audacity or RX-8)

Why don’t you just set the loop markers a bit after the last sound decays so it doesn’t cut off immediately but in a silent section?
You could also just automate your master fader for each section so you get a volume fade out.

1 Like

Amazing, I will try to create a micro-fade using the master fader next time. Thanks so much! :+1:

this works perfectly! thanks again!