Axiom Pro 61 Edit Mode not working in Cuse 6.06

Hello,

I bought an Axiom Pro 61, loaded the drivers and HyperControl for Cubase. However, no matter what I did, I could not get the “Edit Mode” to work on the keyboard.

I called their tech support and they couldn’t get it to work. So, I sent it to their tech center. They wrote back telling me it works fine in ProTools and that “when using CUBASE there may be specific settings that need to be applied like in PROTOOLS (HYPER TOOLS) to link the systems.”

Has anybody else had this problem? I am concerned that they’re going to return the keyboard and that I still won’t be able to access the “Edit mode”.

I don’t normally take shots at vendors, but their tech support has been terrible.

I hope someone here can help me fix this.

Thanks in advance to anybody with some insight.

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do with “edit mode”?
The edit mode on the Axiom Pro lets you set up how the KEYBOARD behaves. Things like zones, velocity curves, MIDI sent such as notes, controller numbers, etc. It really doesn’t have anything to do with Cubase (directly anyway) Hypercontrol is a DRIVER that allows the keyboard and Cubase to communicate directly (back and forth, and not via MIDI) but you need to make sure you have the latest “personality” installed. The latest version is 1.1.6 and is available here…

HTH
J.L.

Thanks for your reply Jasla and confirming that its a keyboard issue.

I downloaded the latest drivers, firmware and HyperControl, but as I said the Edit Mode didn’t work on the keyboard…

I want to use the Edit Mode to do things like tweak the touch sensitivity. I think I got a defective keyboard and have asked M-Audio to replace it. We’ll see what they do.