"Baby You're Real" (remix)

Hi Doug,

Have you done any little teaks to the snare or distorted guitars on this?
Im wondering if my ears are playing silly bu**ers, cos im not hearing what I thought I was hearing before.
Snare sounds ok and im not hearing as much energy build up on the 2nd chord in the distorted gtr parts now.

If you’ve not changed anything, I take back what I said about those parts! :blush: :smiley:

and I also wanted to bump this up as its a cool song! :wink:

Cheers
Sav

I’ll drink some lagers to that. :wink:

Sounds more like a red wine song to me. :sunglasses:

:stuck_out_tongue:

i loved this song

it’s catchy, without being annoying - a hard balance to achieve!

i thought the acoustic guitar at the beginning gave it a brighness…wasn’t as keen when the electirc guitar entered later - seemed to weigh it down rather than enhance and lift the section.
do we always need electric guitars to complete a song i wonder? i could imagine strings or mandoline coming in halfway through instead…but i’m biased!

violet

Hi sav

I haven’t done anything at all. That doesn’t mean your comments were wrong, however – you’re not the first person who felt the overdriven guitars were too midrangey

Hi Violet, thanks for listening

I tried a “cleaner” guitar tone, like a Tele thru a Vox amp on a clean but LOUD setting. I think it actually sounded better doing this. I’m just too lazy to export a mix and post it, mostly because I just assumed everyone had moved on, and to say “Hey check out this other mix” might irritate people :laughing:

A beautiful musical journey. Good Song premise, execution, and overall enjoyment.

Sounded great on my Rokit 8’s, don’t change the mix!

thanks.

Similar or himself one of the Alan Parson’s vocalist but i am not sure about his name. Is that you?

Great song.

Thanks gents for listening!

Funny… I not only started remixing this be retracking the guitars (since they’re out of tune) and in the process, involving numerous version saves, I’ve lost track of the original