Backup Project - Create Folder - Windows 10 issue

Cubase is great. Love it…

BUT…

Since disk is cheap I make a complete new backup of my projects after every edit session to the local hard drive and an external USB drive (or two)…

Cubase requires an empty folder to backup to so I used to use the “Create Folder” button in Cubase’s backup parameters subwindow to create the folder to backup into.

However, in WIndows 10 the folder created always has the “Read-Only (Only applies to files in folder)” attribute selected and then Cubase WON’T write to that new folder because it’s “read only”!

So I usually have to exit Cubase, unset the attribute, return to Cubase and click around until the Backup subwindow appears again and then backup my project…

The alternative is to remember this “bug” before clicking on backup in Cubase, use the Windows file manager to create the folder, unset the attribute, return to Cubase and THEN backup the project.

I know this may seem like a minor deal but it becomes a PITA about the 4th or 5th time per editing day…

I’ve spent MANY hours scouring the internet trying to find a windows fix - WHY would windows set that attribute by default when one creates a folder and provide no way to change that behavior!?!?!? Does anyone out there know a way to fix windows?

I suppose another fix might be if Cubase could ignore that attribute as most other software does… :slight_smile:

Hi,

I would say, it’s your system setup. Make sure you have a permission to write to the folder. If not, change the permission, please.

Observe the path to which you are backing up. What is it?