"Backwards Compatibility" shouldn't be that important

Keeping the speed is not the problem, it change the speed that does not work. (Randomly it stops sometimes it works)

Yes I totaly get that. Im just telling you why it dosent work with the controls you are using. Remeber they did remove the software jog. It has probly made some changes.

Here https://youtu.be/gO71MAHDF9w
This is what you want and what I have using a jog.

Seems good. Can you share your exported generic remote config xml? A midi recording would also be very useful! I can program my controls to do anything midi…

Well it should be implemented if it can. Clients often ask to open their song years later. It saves keeping multiple versions of Cubase on the same computer but I agree that if it severely is hindering the workflow being backwards compatible such as the insert number issue, it should be scrapped in order to progress forwards which they did do in that case. I can’t think of any other situations though where backwards compatibility would have to break though. They did break it once with the Comp Tool though. In older versions of Cubase you can’t easily go through takes that were cut up with the comp tool but the comp tool was revolutionary so when something is revolutionary, it’s ok to break backwards compatibility but I’d say that should be the requirement.