Barlines

Is there way to change the default barline type? I’ve tried my best to search forum and manual…

No, you cannot. Barlines — as staff lines IIRC — are not font objects, but “primitives”. As such, we have no control over them. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

If you mean the appearance of barlines, (thickness and gaps between barlines), yes, it’s in Engraving Options.

Thanks both. I was looking for a way to use another barline type, like dashed or short, without having to change them by selecting one by one. I guess Marc is right and this is not possible at present.

Thanks both. I was looking for a way to use another barline type, like dashed or short, without having to change them by selecting one by one. I guess Marc is right and this is not possible at present.

That’s what I’m looking for too. In the piece of Gastoldi, I’am working on, there are short barlines through the whole piece. And so I’m forced to change one by one … what a waste of time

This is a perfect candidate for a macro!

If you can do it before you start work on the piece, or can copy and paste the contents from your existing flow into a new flow not using the System Track, then it really needn’t take long at all.

Hey, pianoleo – good and partical idea as always …!
But, in the end it would be better to have an opportiunity to change the barline type globally, because there are situations, when even pianleos genius is useless. For example if a new line starts with a repeat ending sign, then the the line before the system break loses its short barline. I know this problem is also an issue in an other topic of this forum, but it’s a vote for a global setting.
Thanks anyhow …