Basic Audio CD Files

Hello,

I don’t understand the way file names are handled when creating a Basic Audio CD when rendering from the Montage.
If I have 12 songs in my montage and the file name’s are File 1-12 ver 5, I render this montage and select Basic Audio CD as one of the render options. After the rendering, I look at the resultant files in the Basic Audio CD and the filenames are from an earlier version (e.g. File 1-12 ver 1), yet the actual files are File 1-12 ver 5. I played the files back in the audio workspace and verified that they are the latest version. Maybe I’m missing something in the process, but the resultant CD is File 1-12 ver 5. So i need to know why the filenames are File 1-12 ver 1 instead of File 1-12 ver 5 as listed in the Basic Audio CD via the Audio Workspace.

Not very clear what you explain… when a Basic Audio CD is rendered from a montage, a single audio file is created. The track names inside this BACD, are the CD track name markers of the source montage.

Hello,

I figured it out. I was using the previous montage as a skeleton to update to the latest files for my current montage [using the exxhange command via the file workspace menu] , as it had all the plug in & other settings. Even though my files were updated and reflected in the clip filename, the filenames at the CD markers were not. I just updated those and the Basic Audio CD then had the current filenames.