Batch edit markers or Boolean Logic operators?

Hi…

I have a long sound design recording (glitches, bleeps) and plan to split this into hundreds of files. I have used the Auto Split tool to create “Loop Markers” which I’m editing to clean-up the Auto Split. In general the split did well… but there are hundreds of LOOP END markers that aren’t snapped to LOOP START markers. I’m looking for an automated process to “Snap” all LOOP END markers to the nearest LOOP START marker.

Any ideas?

Not sure if I understand your case, but maybe you should generate generate markers rather than loop markers, in which case a start is always an end.

That is a bit cleaner… there are still many regions of silence, or close to it. I’m looking for a way to detect regions with an RMS less than -50 and have these automatically deleted. Perhaps starting with Auto Split isn’t the right approach?

I’m looking for a way to detect regions with an RMS less than -50 and have these automatically deleted

I think it’s the best tool for this.

Trying… just not finding the correct application here. I’ve tried a few “Cut Head and Tail” operations using “Find and cut silence” at various values, and finishing with “Remove Audio Outside Regions” but I can’t get it to grab those results. Another operation that could help is “Select Regions less than Xms” and then press Delete… that’s why I was asking about a Boolean tool. Anything to say “If Marker Region is less than 4ms, select region and delete”

here’s a pic of what I’m trying to elimintate…

You could try

• Split at Silences
  • Remove Audio Outside Regions (in a further page)

But then this is an automated process.

If you want manual control, you could first generate markers. Then manually edit them. Then you use the split tool again, this time with “Split at markers”.

Thanks for the help! Project complete. :slight_smile: