BATCH EXPORT FINALLY ?

1 - i record a sound
2 - i use hitpoint or mouse to cut this sound in several parts.
3 - i create fase in and out on each regions.
4 - i select all these new regions created and want to export them as SEPERATE AUDIO FILES INCLUDING BOUNCED FADES TO IMPORT IN A SAMPLER.
5 - this was impossible until cubase 6.5 although it is available in protools III since 1994.

can someone tell me how to do that in cubase 7.0.4 in 2013 ?

really …that long ??? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, that long. Why the laughs?

1st, in Protools you don’t have batch export…
2nd what you could do in Protools you do in Cubase since many versions ago, and it’s called Bounce Selection (found it on Audio menu)…
3rd you could do Batch export in Cubase since C5 (I think, someone correct me if I’m wrong…)

Hi,

I’m going to take part in the protools 1994 discussion, but I can propose you a way to do it Cubase:

• assign key commands to ‘select next event’ and ‘bounce selection’
  • make a macro of those two commands and assign another key to it
  • cut your recording, do the fades
  • then use your macro to bounce the files seperately by hitting the key you assigned
  • select all bounces, click ‘show in pool’ (it’s ctrl-F by default) and move the files wehrever you want

cheers, greque

if you cut up a big audio file into small chunks, just right click on a chunk and choose “bounce selection” and then that section will be its own file in your “Audio” folder of the session.

so just import that file it just created.

hope this helps
Blackout

Aloha B, and a major mahalo for that info.
Always something to learn.

{‘-’}

Hi Sonik

1st, in Protools you don’t have batch export…

Batch means a set of data or jobs to be processed in a single program run.
using Ctrl K in Protools all the regions that are selected are bounced so the fades and gain are processed within the file and all regions are export as seperate files with new names. sorry i’m not english but that’s batch isn’t it ?

Hi Grecore thx for you help

• then use your macro to bounce the files seperately by hitting the key you assigned

this works to “apply” the fade to the sound and generate a new file. but you have to hit that macro’s shortcut for each single file and than you get a pop up askin to replace the file yes/no
it’s ok for 20 files but when sampling you can easilly reach >100 file to export. that’s 200 hits for such a stupid action.

Hi, Blackout
problem is if you select all regions and do this you end up with a long consolidated file that i can’t use for sampling (or i missed something ?) the idea is to get as many new files as created regions out of the main file so you keep only what is needed with cuts and fades bounced?

sampling is everywhere and such a tool is so basic i can’t understand why it’s not in cubase… not to mention the modern sampling technics with round robin, release samples etc that boosts the # of samples to millions.
Or maybe it’s possible in nuendo and now i see the idea behind. yeah when you think that protools offer that for 19 years now :stuck_out_tongue:

well really because of cubase7 interface and that typical function i’ll try to check my PT tonight and see if my VSTi are available there to slowly start to work with it.

Thing is with PT that I haven’t yet found a way when working with multi-track drum samples to create separate fade ins and fade outs on multiple clips across multiple tracks. So it may be easy to export, but it’s a royal PITA to apply the fades - PT always assumes a clip requires both a fade in and a fade out. So I’ve actually been exporting sessions to Cubase to do this sort of work!

I think this is a request that should be made to Steinberg. I would like two bounce functions:

a) Bounce single - bounces the selected clips a single part, one for each track (how it works at the moment)
b) Bounce multiple - bounces the selected clips to separate parts, maintaining mute status for each part etc.

And I would also like a ‘Insert Below’ option on the bounce dialogue. This would save me having to duplicate the part(s) in the lane below before bouncing and selecting Replace. This is what I currently do every time I bounce because I like to keep the originals.

And, I would also like this dialogue to turn up before the bounce starts so that I can answer it immediately and go and have a coffee while it does the work. Rather than coming back and finding the dialogue has appeared after the first of many long bounces!

Mike.

Thing is with PT that I haven’t yet found a way when working with multi-track drum samples to create separate fade ins and fade outs on multiple clips across multiple tracks

1- select the end of the region you want to fade out on multiple tracks
2- press ctrl-F
3- set the fade you want
4- press enter and all the selected regions on all the selected parts have that specific fade.

to modify multiple fades at once select fades, use F6(normal) then shift clic one fade and they all move.
PT rocks for editing.

up ?