Batch import midi files - import multiple midi files

Hi everyone, I can drag and drop single midi files into Cubase (provided I am NOT running the program as administrator), but I have never been able to batch import multiple midi files.

It seems impossible to import many midi files simultaneously into the project window.

Does anyone know if it is possible to batch import midi files - i.e. import multiple midi files simultaneously? Because loading them one at a time is driving me crazy.

Would be very grateful for any help.

2 Likes

Cubase cannot import multiple midi files and Cubase 12 has not fixed this.

I have clients who expect me to work in Cubase and Cubase is very good at manipulating midi so here is a work around which takes about 30 seconds and saves a lot of frustration if you have Reaper.

Drag and drop all your midi files into Reaper and choose ‘seperate tracks’.

Then export from Reaper using these settings:

Consolidate Item: Choose ‘Whole Project’
Consolidate Midi Item: Choose ‘All’
Then choose ‘Multitrack Midi File (Type 1 Midi File)’

Reaper will then export the Midi as one file and when you import into Cubase you will find all your files on seperate tracks, which is presumably what you needed.

In Cubase Edit/Preferences under midi file/ import, replace Halion in the drop down menu with ‘Midi Tracks’.

It’s worth buying Reaper just for this work around if you’re working in Cubase and often need to import multiple midi files.

Cubase is so good in most respects it really should have fixed this years ago.

1 Like

Hi,

Is it the same question here?

Yes, looks like the same question, I’ve given a work around if you have Reaper.

You’re a superstar!