Batch processor errors

Hi there, i’m using the latest version of Wavelab 8.5.

I am getting an error: “The program was unable to seek properly in the file. Please check the integrity of the disk”.
It is happening all the time, and I think it has to do with the fact that I am running the batch from files that are on a network drive.

Since I saved a lot of batches with the file list, is there a way to re-path the file list in the batch processor without needing to remove them and add them again from a different location?

Thanks,
Eitan

I think it has to do with the fact that I am running the batch from files that are on a network drive.

Certainly yes, but WaveLab is able to handle network files reliably. This would suggest your network connection is not reliable.

Since I saved a lot of batches with the file list, is there a way to re-path the file list in the batch processor without needing to remove them and add them again from a different location?

Not possible. The closest approaching feature, would be one found in WaveLab 9, which allows you to insert a set of audio files listed insides a text file. If you maintain your files to process in a text file (one line per audio file path), then you could edit the paths in a text editor.

Philippe

Just FYI - it wasn’t a network problem. I manually reloaded all the files to a 10K RPM internal drive and the batch failed consistently with the same error message. I do have to say, though, that I was trying to run a lot of files - about 30 batch tabs with anything from 200-800 audio files in each.

The FX I used included Waves X-noise and a few EQ plugins from Brainworks.
The only way I could solve it is to never run more than 4 batch tabs AND run each tab in multiple passes - one for X noise only and then for the other FX in the chain.

I am not sure why Wavelab would error otherwise…