Batch Processor multi-channel files? Only stereo?

Hi!

I am trying to batch process multi-channel wav files using the batch processor (in order to create watchfolders later), but it seems any input format is exported as stereo wav. If I add a 6 channel file I get 3 separate stereo files in return. The plugin used is Flux:: Level Magic in 5.1 mode (channel config), but it seems neither a simple gain plugin works in surround. I cannot find any channel config options. Does the batch processor not support multi-channel files?

Many thanks

FK

In the File Format dialog, for the Channel setting, you need to select “Multi Channel”.

I couldn’t get a multichannel plugin to work in the batch processor either. Should that work?

Hi Philippe,

many thanks but this means the ‘as source file’ (I have the German localization, don’t know if this is the right translation) feature does not work and stereo files seem to get corrupted in multi channel mode. I have to try whether this is the case with other plugins.

Best regards
FK

I couldn’t get a multichannel plugin to work in the batch processor either. Should that work?

It should. Now, this might depend on what your plugin is doing.

Philippe

many thanks but this means the ‘as source file’ (I have the German localization, don’t know if this is the right translation) feature does not work and stereo files seem to get corrupted in multi channel mode. I have to try whether this is the case with other plugins.

I would recommend to explicitly use “multichannel” and only treat multi channel files in this batch.

Philippe