Battery 3.1.1 hangs Cubase randomly

I don’t know what’s going on with this, been happening for a while now. I tried the 3.2 beta as well, both the one from January and the one from March, then rolled back to 3.1, and still I get this random hangs. They happen when switching between tabs or when playing back certain sounds from the cells. Just ran a FULL checkdisk on my sample library drive, which is a RAID 5 volume with three member disks, and everything came up clean. Never had these issues in the past, now all of a sudden it’s driving me bananas.

Any ideas, anyone? Help is much appreciated at this point. I don’t really know what to do. I can’t stand losing work like this!

Oh, yes, I’m running Cubase 6.0.2

32 or 64 bit Cubase?

32-bit on 64-bit Win7. Everything else seems to be working fine… no other VST is causing hangs like this.

I’m really about at my wits’ end with NI… for a variety of reasons, this being only the latest. I don’t know what’s causing this, so I can’t blame them specifically, but I have my hunches.

I had a similar problem. I didn’t get to the bottom of it, but, during some experimenting, I found that the position of Battery in the VST instrument rack could determine whether or not Cubase would hang. Actually, to be more precise, it was the order in which the VST instruments were loaded - eg, IIRC, if I loaded them manually into the rack, not simply going from top to bottom of the rack, it was the loading order that mattered, not the position in the rack.

So, perhaps you could try altering the position in the rack?

Thanks, I’ll give that a shot. This is killing me… it happened just now with absolutely NOTHING loaded in Battery. All I had to do was move the GUI from one monitor to the other, and blam! Hang. Can’t take it anymore. :angry: