Battery 4 drag & drop

No one in this thread prior to your first comment (nor the thread I linked to) claimed you could drag n drop from the Audio Pool! They claimed drag n drop works when going from Mediabay to Battery/Kontakt in Cubase 7.

So since the words “Audio Pool” weren’t mentioned even once in this thread who was your first post directed to?

I have Battery 4 and Cubase 7 and just tried, so here are my results:

• you CANNOT drag an audio clip or slice onto a pad in battery 4
  • you CAN however drag a wav file from the media bay onto a pad of battery 4
  • you CANNOT drag a sound from a battery 4 pad back into Cubase or into the media bay
  • you CANNOT drag an audio file from the audio pool onto a battery 4 pad

Did I miss any possible way?

Cheers,
BeSharp

Oh I missed an important one:

• you can drag a .wav file from an explorer window into Cubase and release it over a battery pad

This is important because you can use it together with the regions function:
e.g.

• go to the audio editor, select hitpoints, edit hitpoints and drag the threshold to the desired valua
  • then select Create Regions
  • now go into the pool shift-select all the created regions, right click, and select audio, bounce (select your audio folder as destination)
  • now open your audio folder in an explorer window, select all created wav files and drag them into cubase and release them over the first battery pad (subsequent files will be inserted afterward)

This still is a workaround, but a “quite” fast one. Still I give my +1 for an implementation either in battery, Cubase or both.

Cheers,
Codex

I’m not able to import a wav file from the media bay into a battery 4 pad. The cursor shows the little “+” symbol as if it was on the point to drag it on the pad but as soon as I release mouse key on the pad …no file is dragged. The pad stays empty.
Successful with Groove agent though. It is even possible to import regions!!!

Did you check if it was a wav file what you dragged into battery 4? I think it only accepts .wav files, it definitely worked here!

Cheers,
BeSharp

how about the first poster and originator of this thread:

the answer is NO YOU CANT DRAG AND DROP FROM THE AUDIO POOL TO BATTERY, like you otherwise can in every other god-delivered DAW on earth. Cubase is still the stubborn evil red-headed stepchild in this situation, and this needs to be addressed.

now you may want to chime and try to muddy the waters by saying “thats not true…yes you can! (cough cough only from the Mediabay - disclaimer)” but what makes you assume that the original poster was talking about the MediaBay only. The original poster did not specify. He just said “Does it work?”. and the assumption is that he is asking “does it work…like it should and like it does properly on every other DAW?” and the answer is still a resounding NO.

so Stealth please trying to suggest all is great and rosy with Cubase in this situation when indeed it has NOT been addressed.

I’ve tried to do that in S1 and didn’t succeed, perhaps I did smth wrong, but I had no luck with drag’n’drop from S1’s Pool to Battery 4.

Cheers

Really?!!!

Here’s the first poster’s comment (note he doesn’t mention the Audio Pool):

And here’s your response you just claimed was to “the first poster and originator of this thread”:

LOL WTF?

Again, no one in this thread prior to your first comment (nor the thread I linked to) claimed you could drag n drop from the Audio Pool! They claimed drag n drop works when going from Mediabay to Battery/Kontakt in Cubase 7.

Stealth,

The original poster did not specify. He just said “Does it work?”. and the assumption is that he is asking “does it work…like it should and like it does properly on every other DAW?” and the answer is still a resounding NO.

so Stealth please trying to suggest all is great and rosy with Cubase in this situation when indeed it has NOT been addressed.

Steve Helstrip (original poster) feel free to chime in and confirm whether you meant Audio Pool or just Mediabay, or from Windows Explorer, or other.

Cheers,
Blackout

Dude no one (especially myself) in this thread is suggesting that “all is great and rosy with Cubase in this situation”. Personally, I would love to be able to drag n drop directly from the pool and arrange page someday.

Anyways, has anyone been able to drag n drop from Mediabay to another 3rd party plugin besides Battery and Kontakt? I’ve tried Metrum and a demo of Geist with no success…

To to clear up any confusion, I meant drag and drop from the arrange page! For me, this would be a huge time saver and workflow improvement.

Seems it still doesn’t work, from what I read.

Thanks for all your input

Steve

Amen Stealth. I think i mis-understood your motives. If so apologies. Cheers man.

Blackout.

yeah I checked this…and tried with several wav filers…no success…I don’t understand…
Anyway…I barely use the mediabay so it won’t be painfull.

In case any body’s wondering; it works in Cubase 8 for me. I though it didn’t work for a long time up until now, and I think I just found out that it doesn’t work for sounds from the VSTSound collection that comes with Cubase, but it does work for external samples. I guess it’s because the VSTSound files are archived in the vstsound-format…

What exactly works?

Drag and drop from the Mediabay to Battery