BBCSO Discover. Plugin interface not showing

Hello,
Do you know why the Spitfire audio plugin interface is not showing in Dorico?
The same happens with BBCSO Core.
I’m on a MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 and 8 GB of Ram, that why Im trying to use Discover. But the plug in is not loading the instruments and I can’t see the interface.
I’m using Mac OS Monterey 12.4
Thank you for all your help.

Hi.
My first idea would be to check that those instruments are whitelisted. Go to Preferences > VST Plug-ins and make sure those are not on the list on the right-hand (blocked plug-ins). If they are, use the little arrow < down that list to put them in the left list (allowed plug-ins), restart Dorico and you’re set to go!
FWIW, there is a BBCSO plug-in, but there are no Spitfire audio plug-ins. Their plug-ins have the names of the instruments (when hosted in their new Spitfire audio plug-ins), or you have to open a Kontakt instance and load the Spitfire instrument there (for Percussion Joby Burguess, Solo strings, etc)

@MarcLarcher , in the meantime BBCSO already became VST3, so whitelisting shouldn’t be an issue anymore.
@amauri_montalvo , please choose from Dorico’s main menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here. From the contained log files I might be able to see what is wrong. Thanks

1 Like

Thank you. Here is the Zip file.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (656.2 KB)

Hi @amauri_montalvo , thanks for the data.
Interestingly, Dorico detects several plug-ins from Spitfire on your system like e.g. Abbey Road One or Eric Whitacre Choir, but no BBCSO plug-in. It’s also not blacklisted, it appears to be simply not there.
Can you please navigate to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 and see if there is a file called BBC Symphony Orchestra.vst3 ? That’s where it is installed on my machine. Or can you find that file somewhere else on your harddisk?

Thank you. It is installed now. I had to reset my library and reinstall but everything is working now.

1 Like

Hi, there is no Audio directory in Library in Spitfire, and can’t see bbcso on new computer. Where do I grab this directory?
Thanks
JanDol

Hi @janDol , that directory is in the root of your harddrive and normally hidden from the user.
Open a Finder window and from the menu choose Go > Go to Folder. In the dialog that pops up paste that mentioned path, enter and Finder will go there.

Hi Ulf,
Found directory. Why doesn’t BBCSO end up in there? Do I copy the BBC SO .vst file into there?
What about my other Spitfire instruments. Do I need to find all the .vst files and copy them into there?
Thanks!

I don’t know. Normally the installer should put everything into place. Do you have the latest version(s)?

New everything. I put it in there. Still doesn’t show up. Perhaps I can share this file with you?

Never mind, too big. Here is just one flute, no notes.
test.dorico (502.1 KB)

When you have the latest, then you should have a BBC SO.vst3 bundle. The other one is a VST2 plug and belongs into a different folder. So something is not quite right with you.

Mac is 12.2, M1 Max
Dorico 4.2.0.1092

Ah, okay, then you have to run Dorico in Rosetta mode.