beam grouping priority

Hello,
About beam grouping with Ctrl + M :

1+2+3/8 group as wanted 1-2-3
2+2+3+2/8 group as wanted 2-2-3-2
etc…
but 2+2+2+2/8 group 4-4 Why?

Could be great (for me) that Ctrl + M take priority at “notations options”: what is your opinion?

Best regards
Dup

I can confirm the behaviour. I don’t know why tho.

I think your best bet is to create a shortcut for the Beam Together or Split Beam function to make it as easy as possible to separate the eighths manually.
You may also be able to copy and paste a rhythm set up as you wish and then use Lock to Duration to change the pitches.

This isn’t ideal, but it is available now.

You can get it by using 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1/8 - you get an 8/8 signature; you can hide it, and use another (4/4) - see other threads on how to do that part.

It seems like the beaming options in the notation options are overruling your meter input.

It seems like the beaming options in the notation options are overruling your meter input.

It’s exactly what the subject of this thread.
And for me it’s not logic:
In general in computer programming when we add new code it takes priority and overrule the preference and change the precedent information.

The powerfull and force of Dorico is that if you have good memory you can write music with a lot of shortcut and code…without to go to menu that can change from version to version and can infuriate some people to change habits: code evolves but in general the rules remain.

Thanks to all to have answer to this post

Best regards

Sorry, I misread your post.