Beam spacing not preserved in parts

Hi,

With Dorico Pro 5.1.30, I adjusted the beam spacing to make a group of semibisquaver look like a group of crotchet, like this:

The spacing is not preserved in the parts:

Paolo

Are you sure you were in Global scope when performing the change?

1 Like

That’s it. Sorry, I had it set to Local. When changed to Global, it works even in the parts:

Why I was sure it was by default set to Global? Has it been changed recently?

Paolo

I believe that the possibility to set a default preference for Locally or Globally (for new projects) was introduced in Dorico 4.3.
You can set this generally, as you like, and change then in properties panel as needed from case to case:

1 Like

I was going to set the preference to Global, but after reading this thread I was convinced that it is better to leave it to Local, and just propagate the local properties when needed. Too many things can be scrambled by letting it on Global.

Paolo

I suggest you keep it on Global whenever you are working in the full score, and on Local whenever you are working in a Part.
If, in a part, you see something that should be changed globally, switch scope for that change only. I wish the keyboard shortcut for changing score worked, but it doesn’t, making things somewhat slower.

1 Like