beaming bug while shifting to galley view?

Hey, just thought I’d point out a small, possible, bug I found.

I have a septuplets spanning the grand staff all beamed together. It took time getting it to look right, but it’s there.

When I change to galley view, my work has disappeared. Of course when I change back to page view it’s still there how I want it. But in a piece where there is many such figures, being played by different instruments, it causes some visual disturbance that gets me off my game. Especially when looking at 200 + measures of 16th note septuplets. :smiley:

Oh, and what’s with the backwards stems!?

Ans has anyone else on Mac noticed a laggier performance? Im on the newest mac hardware. So that shouldn’t be an issue. Multiple crashes in engrave mode, and delayed response when dragging items. (like beams)
thanks all

Aleos

If you’re experiencing crashes, please have a look in /Users/your-username/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports for crash log files, and if you find some, please email them to me.

It’s by design that properties you set in page view don’t appear in galley view: because the horizontal and vertical spacing is completely different between galley view and page view, it’s actively misleading to allow you to make changes to properties in galley view that will look totally different in page view. So when you’re making fine graphical adjustments, do it in page view. Galley view is for input and an overview, but not for previewing how anything will look on the final page layout.

Hey Daniel, ok thanks for the reply. I’ll send you some crash log.

Thanks for clarifying the galley view situation.