Beaming control

I know this topic has been addressed a lot, and I’m really sorry for opening a new thread if it isn’t necessary… But I’ve tried almost everything in my grasp and can’t find the way to solve my problem.
I’m writing in 5/4 some 8th and 16th figures. (See attachment 1) But the resulting beaming is so confusing, and I’ve tried to modify it via right click or notation options in configuration mode and can’t possible get what I’m looking for (see attachment 2).
Any help? The problem I think I’m really having is not finding a way to force a figure to use a tie instead of a dotted single figure.

At the beginning of the bar, copy this into the meter popover: [1+1+1+1+1]/4. This will tell Dorico to beam in quarter notes, and it should end up exactly as you want. You can hide the meter from the properties panel.

Another way is to re-input the music with the ‘Force duration’ tool (the little clam in the left tool panel, shortcut O) activated. I prefer the first method.

Wow! Thanks!

Still not what I’m aiming for because this changes the behavior of everything, not just the bar I’m trying to modify. But still, very helpful. Thanks a lot!

If you add another normal 5/4 time signature at the beginning of the next measure, the rest of the music should not be affected anymore.