Beaming issue with slash voice

I can’t seem to find a way to beam the first two notes together in this example while still having correct playback. The first bar is using normal and slash voices, the second bar is just a bunch of Bs with their noteheads changed to slashes.

As you can see, I can’t beam the first beat together in the first bar like I can in the second, but the second won’t play back how I want.
And trying to “Beam together” creates this monstrosity…

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 7.30.20 pm

Any thoughts how to proceed?

You can’t beam notes in different voices together. You could mimic the effect though by inputting a 16th note in the normal voice, hiding the notehead whichever way you prefer, then perhaps hiding the stem of the slash note at the same rhythmic position.

I gave that a go, but hiding the notehead doesn’t account for the note spacing, as Dorico thinks it’s still there. (I’d prefer not to make manual note spacing changes). I also don’t think I’m able to hide the stem/flag of a slash voice. Wasn’t looking hard enough :crazy_face:

Ah yep that voice column index works, I knew there was something like that but for the life of me I just couldn’t see it and had scrolled to the voice column spacing offset (which obviously wasn’t doing what I wanted because it was the wrong property!)