Beaming options in simple time signatures without a half-bar?

Forgive me if there’s something obvious I’m missing, but there are two possibilities not included in this part of the Beam Grouping category in notation options which, if they could be a default setting instead of something to manually fix every time, would be significant time/workflow savers.

One is whether groups of three quavers should be grouped together in 3/4 or not. Currently, they are always grouped as 1+2 or 2+1 depending on their position relative to the crotchet beat. This is obviously a good default option to prevent the metre from being confused with 6/8, but very often 3/4 actually represents 1/dotted minim and the beat contains six quavers rather than two, and in the score I’m currently practice typesetting that results in lots of groups of three, which are only a few keystrokes to create but would happen automatically in Sibelius.

The other one is whether secondary beams should be shown at all. Kind of a similar issue in that 3/8 for instance can represent a time signature containing three beats of two, or one beat of six. If the latter, secondary beams are visual clutter and slow down the performer, and grouping the semiquavers in sixes is preferable; here’s Scarlatti K141 for example.

I believe both cases can be sorted by typing [3]/4 into the Shift+M popover for 3/4 and [3]/8 for 3/8. The square brackets are significant, because they tell Dorico to override the beat grouping.

Ok that works—thanks. I didn’t realise square brackets could be used for one-beat-per-bar time signatures.

Secondary beams do still show with dotted rhythms (eg dotted semiquaver + demisemiquaver) but I guess that may be unavoidable? There doesn’t seem to be a way to automatically turn off secondary beams for demisemis (or hemidemis, etc) through either the metre popover or the menus, and that might just be best practices in most cases; that said there’s an infamous passage from Beethoven’s Op.111—it may be worth comparing Dorico’s default beaming of the first bar (top line) to the version pianists know and love/fear (bottom line). I have no idea whether the latter genuinely is more readable or I’ve just been conditioned by familiarity.