Beat synchronization problem

Hi, I noticed that by making the tempo on one staff independent of the tempo on the remaining orchestral staves, the beats are not synchronized (see image).
How is the problem solved?
Thank you…

Salve, ho notato che rendendo indipendente il tempo su un rigo rispetto il tempo sui restanti righi dell’orchestra, le battute non sono sincronizzate (vedere l’immagine).
Come si risolve la problematica?
Grazie…

Hi. You must use hidden tuplets, hidden time signatures and anacrusis that match the other time signatures lengths. There is a complete Scoring Note article that gives the workflow for such thing.
In your first tenore bar, input the local time signature as 3/4,1.5 (so that there are three eights notes in the bar), in the next bar you input a hidden 3/8 local time signature and use 2:1 tuplets to make it look like 3/4.

Gruppi irregolari nascosti?
Grazie, vedo se lo trovo…

Grazie di cuore…

Unfortunately, the example doesn’t work in my case, because 3/4 is double 3/8 and 4/4 is equal to 12/8.

Purtroppo l’esempio non funziona nel mio caso, perché 3/4 è il doppio di 3/8 e invece 4/4 è uguale a 12/8…

What exactly are you trying to line up? the beats? the bar lines? the triplet eighths with the quarter notes? I think we need more clarity in order to offer better help. Clearly the measure numbers are somewhat problematic.

Make the first measure 3/4,1.5. Make the rest of the measures 3/8 and hide the time signature.

Your hidden tuplets will then be 1:2 where there are notes.

1 Like

Thanks, the solution worked perfectly.
Thank you so much… :slight_smile:

Grazie, la soluzione ha funzionato perfettamente.
Grazie di cuore… :slight_smile:

It is a transcription from an 18th century manuscript.
It was a solution often used in the Baroque period where it was normal to write some instruments in a compound time (for example 9/8) and others in the relative simple time (for example 3/4).

See image.
This is the beginning of Bach’s cantata Bwv 147.

Si tratta di una trascrizione da un manoscritto del '700.
Era una soluzione spesso utilizzata nel periodo barocco dove era la normalità scrivere alcuni strumenti in un tempo composto (per esempio 9/8) e altri nel relativo tempo semplice (per esempio 3/4).
Questo è l’inizio della cantata Bwv 147 di Bach.
Vedere immagine.